2. Noting the regrettable nullification of Senator Mark’s mandate by the Court of Appeal Makurdi Division, We informed our Distinguish leader that we the people of Idoma land, who supported him in the first instance, stood ready to repeat the feat whenever the rerun election holds. We assured that the labour of love and dedication to community service which SENATOR Mark had displayed over the years would be rewarded with overwhelming votes at the polls.
3. On his path, Senator David Mark welcomed us to his residence, he appreciated the visit as well as the kind sentiments which we expressed about him. He assured us that despite the nullification, his faith in the Idoma cause, the Nigerian Judiciary and the Nigerian State remained unshaken. He requested us to remain lawful in all our engagements and to conduct our activities with decorum, fairness and lawfully.
4. The Senator assured us that his spine of Idoma Nationalism remained strong. He disclosed that he would continue to display in all his activities, total dedication to the cause of advancing Idoma land. Finally, he expressed gratitude to God that 16 years after his first electoral victory, his people still continue to support him. He assured that the experience he had garnered over the years made him better prepared to serve our people.
5. Flowing from the above, the IDOMA Young Professionals shall in the days ahead, be holding various town hall fora across the 9 Local Government areas of Benue South Senatorial District aimed at sensitising our people on the issues involved with the election and why senator Mark remains our only choice. We shall not be deterred, we shall remain steadfast and focused, we shall contribute our quota to the redemption of Idoma land and we refuse to be part of any agenda that seeks to diminish the Idoma identity and independence. Hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder, we shall work with Senator David Mark and coast to victory.
6. Finally, we call on all our members and indeed Idoma People across the Nigeria and in diaspora to return home and cast their votes, defend their votes and ensure that their votes count.
“ David Mark, one Senator, every constituency’s desire” For God and for Community. Victoria Alceta
Bar. Joseph Oche
For the forum